Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Newsletter

Spencer turned eight this year. He loves reading (and stays up way too late reading before bed; he's almost done his 2nd Harry Potter book), the ocean, piano, cub scouts, and playing with Tyler and his cousins at recess. He and Tyler walk to and from school by themselves this year (we're 10 houses away), and I can't tell you how much this has simplified my life.
Tyler (6) is in 1st grade and has started piano lessons and reading. He has lots of energy (he never just walks anywhere) and is so good about doing his homework! He just sits down and does it all on his own. Let's just say this is a nice change from other kids we know. He loves pirates, dress ups and playing with cousins.
Dallin (4) is strong-willed! He loves preschool, baking muffins and learning letters. He says the most amazing prayers - lengthy and full of thank-you's. He likes pirates, dressing up, imagining and clothes and will only wears things he thinks are "cool."
Brennan (2) is super sweet and snugly. He loves babies, dogs and cuddly blankets. We are all adjusting well to his food allergies, and his skin and lungs are doing tons better this year. He is a great sport about it and seems to know what he can and can't eat without complaints. He just makes everyone happy.
Dave & I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Hawaii this year. We also went back East to visit Dave's family, and Dave sadly returned for his brother's funeral. Dave's working 2 days a week in family practice and 3 days a week doing pulmonology); he's taught me rock climbing and mountain biking this year. I've enjoyed photoshopping, blogging and perfecting my domestic goddess skills. We are so excited about Christmas around here we can hardly stand it.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Merry Christmas! I love your picture card, newsletter and blog! You're the best!

Mrs Abbott said...

I love your Christmas newsletter! Can I steal your idea? I loved your card too! You always pick out such great colors on your cards and your boys- my nephews!- are adorable! I'm so proud to be related to you and your family!

Double D said...

Your family is so cute! You really are good at blogging. I love to read all of your latest posts. I live by you, but I find out interesting details reading your blog. Your pictures are really really good!!!