Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Dallin!

Dallin turned 4 years old today. He started the day off by making and eating muffins, of course. Then I let him stay in his jammies as long as he wanted to, or until we had to go somewhere at 3:00.

He's been wanting this "Silly Monster" cake from my cake decorating book for months. It's one of my kids' favorite books - they love to look through it and plan the next several years' worth of birthday cakes they want. I have to admit - I do enjoy making them. I can't come up with creative ideas on my own, but I'm great at copying other people's ideas.

Dallin unwrapped his presents so fast he barely looked at each thing before moving on to the next one. He even started to blow out the candles before we were done singing Happy Birthday to him. He's been looking forward to this day for so long you'd think he'd want to savor it a little bit, but apparently not.
We invited Kristen and Nathan's family over for an instant party. The pinata was a hit, and luckily no one got hurt. Overall a quick but successful birthday party. I decided around noon that we really should do something for his birthday today. It's a good thing Kristen called to nail me down to a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very amusing!!! Good job Hilary, your cakes are always something special. Looks like a fun party.