Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cooling off in the evening

It was over 100 degrees yesterday, so we rode bikes in the morning then stayed in the house until 5:00, when it was nice enough to play outside again.
After Photoshop - pretty silly, I know, but it's fun for me

Before Photoshop - pretty bland and boring
I happened to catch this picture of Spencer while trying to get Tyler on the swings. But they were moving so fast and my camera has just enough of a delay that I missed Tyler completely.
Brennan has been kinda cranky the past few days. I'm guessing it's because he's getting a bunch of new teeth. He's also discovered biting and hitting. As soon as I remind him to "Be soft!" he quickly starts to rub our cheeks.

Tyler had a tummy ache and fever yesterday. He was happy at this point because we'd gotten his fever down and he had a long nap. But he relapsed soon after and slept through dinner. He seems to be back to normal today, though, thank goodness.

I had to put Dallin in time out this morning because he was stubbornly refusing to help with chores (all I wanted him to do was hand me the dishes so I could put them away). He proceeded to scream and pound on the door and throw toys around in his room. But after we all calmed down he agreed to clean the sliding glass door and work on letters, since the dishes were done by that point. I need help thinking of incentives for him, because if he decides he doesn't want to do something, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do or say to change his mind. Time out seems to push the restart button for him, but he hates it so much that there must be a better way.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

love that picture! You are good with playing around on photoshop!

Jen said...

That photoshopped picture is something you should enter in a contest--do they have photo contests as part of the Fair? And as I recall, Tyler also went a little ballistic with time-out.

Boo said...

Benjamin can be stubborn like that, too. Two things that work for me (when I'm in a good mood and patient) are 1. making him laugh or 2. telling him he needs to help in a little bit; after a few minutes, I say "ok, it's time to help now."

Good luck,
MaryRuth