Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Gingerbread House

Last night for FHE we decorated our gingerbread house. This is something we always did when I was growing up, although we did it the hard way with homemade gingerbread and royal frosting. Then a few years ago I cheated and bought a kit from the store. They are SOOO easy, and the kids love them.
The kit comes with everything we need - we apply the icing and the kids put all the candy on.I was going to make a dessert, since we always have a treat after FHE, but then I remembered how much candy and icing gets eaten when we do this.


"Mom, the icing is like glue!" Dallin realized halfway through.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I don't know, Hilary--fake tree, store-bought gingerbread house? Someone might start to impugn your upbringing;)

Hilary said...

i know! at least i still make all my cookies and candies from scratch! you know, the things that really matter.