Friday, October 10, 2008

Dallin loves school

Dallin loves going to preschool. In fact he wants to go everyday, so on the days he doesn't have it, we do "school" at home. We seriously did school all day yesterday, and it wore me out. He had me write letters on a chalkboard which he then copied on his paper. We finished one of his workbooks and bought him another one (which was the only way I could convince him to stop doing school and go to Wal-Mart because I had to pick up prescriptions). He wanted to do more telling time after he finished the page of it in his book, so I found some clocks online and printed them out. I don't know what the deal is, but he just can't get enough.
All of my boys have gone to the same preschool. It's at the high school, and all their "teachers" are high school students. They've all loved it. And I like it because they do all kinds of really messy crafts which I don't have to clean up.
First he puts his snack in his cubby.
Then he jumps right in and doesn't even say goodbye. I usually hug him anyway, but he doesn't like me delaying his play time. Every day when I pick him up, he hides a surprise behind his back (whatever craft he made that day) and won't let me see it until later that day or even the next day. He sure has definite ideas about how to do things.

2 comments:

Boo said...

Isn't it amazing how much they want to learn? Sammy is often asking us to teach him various things, and he remembers most of it.

Hilary said...

But another child of mine didn't want me to teach him anything. I was a little worried about him starting school because he didn't know half his letters or any numbers, and he ran away screaming if I ever tried to teach it to him. But he loved Kindergarten and listened to his teacher much better than he ever wanted to listen to me.