Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fake trees can go up December 1st.

This is the third year we've put up our fake tree. We used to be morally opposed to them, you know, when we lived back East and trees were cut down that morning, brought into town and sold out of the back of the guy's pick-up truck for $17. But since we moved to California and trees are shipped in from Oregon or Washington and cost an arm and a leg and are in the process of dying while being put in the stand, we converted to fake trees. The major advantage I see, besides the ease, cost and cleanliness, is that we can put it up whenever we want to, and we like to start the season nice and early.

So last night for family home evening we put up our tree. Dave put it together while I made dinner (he got home nice and early - have I mentioned how much I love his new hours?!), then we decorated the house while he added the colored lights to the pre-lit white lights. We like LOTS of lights on our tree.

So far Brennan has only broken one ornament.

One great thing about having kids is that I don't have to decorate anymore. I just stand back and take pictures while they do all the work.

It was Dallin's turn to put the star on the top this year.

Spencer had to keep reapplying ornaments that Brennan kept taking off.

Here's Brennan saying "Whoa!" I love taking him shopping because he is fascinated by all the Christmas decorations in the stores. What a fun age for Christmas.
All done! Don't you think this bay window is made for Christmas trees? I love seeing the lights reflected in all 3 windows, and the view from the street is fabulous. How could we wait any longer to put it up?

3 comments:

Double D said...

The kids did a really good job. I am jealous that your tree is already up. We are waiting until this Sat.

Anonymous said...

Is that the wooden sled that Dave made in high school on the floor next to Tyler? I hope so, cause I've been wondering what happened to it. If it is, I forgot that he had it, but I'm glad he does.

Hilary said...

yes, that's the one. the kids love playing santa with it.