Sunday, June 22, 2008

Piano

"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." D&C 25:12
One of the best presents Dave ever gave me was our piano. He said he wanted to hear music in our home. I took piano lessons when I was growing up, and I can play a little - I always play for family home evening. Now I'm teaching Spencer and Tyler to play, and I just love hearing them practice. Spencer is on the third piano book, and he is playing actual songs with chords and everything. He loves playing and sometimes doesn't want to stop when the timer goes off. Tyler has a harder time getting into it. It was difficult for him to sit for 30 minutes, so I reduced his time to 15 minutes/day. The problem is that he hates to get the notes wrong. So he plays REALLY slow and then freaks out if he plays the wrong note. But I have definitely seen improvement, and he is even starting to speed up a tiny bit.

No comments: