Saturday, June 7, 2008

Yay, Friday


I love it when Dave gets home early from work on Fridays. Yesterday he was home around 1:00 and was even able to make it to Spencer's awards assembly, where he received the Science Award. After school we all headed over to the water park. Since Dave was with us this time, Spencer was able to go down the big water slides. He's just BARELY tall enough this year, and he loved it. I even went down them a couple times, but I had to close my eyes because I was wearing my contacts and water kept spraying in my face. There was trauma when the intertube Dave, Tyler and Dallin were in capsized in 3' deep water, but Tyler eventually cheered up and was finally able to go on the Lazy River.

Then last night we went to a friend's surprise 40th birthday. There was a huge turnout, including about a thousand kids, and he was totally surprised. When it got dark they showed a movie outside. Our boys had so much fun. Unfortunately they didn't get to bed until 10:00, so we threatened them not to come into our room or run up and down the hall until at least 7:00 this morning. But Dallin didn't get the memo, and he was up a little after 5:00, wandering around. I don't know what he did for 2 hours though, because we didn't hear him again until 7:00, when Brennan woke up the rest of the house. I wonder if the time will ever come that we don't consider 7:00 sleeping in.

No comments: