Sunday, June 1, 2008

First Fast

Today was Spencer's first fast Sunday, and he told me it was easier than he thought it would be. We talked about it at family home evening a couple weeks ago, explaining to him that fasting means going without food or drinks for 2 meals while praying for something specific. So a couple days ago he told me he wanted to fast for his grandpa, who recently started dialysis. We also fasted for my dad and grandpa, who are both still sick. About halfway through the day, he asked me if his grandpas were any better yet. He has such strong faith. He really didn't complain at all about being hungry, and he enjoyed dinner so much (grilled Mahi Mahi and chocolate cake for dessert), that he says he's looking forward to the next fast day. What an amazing kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, he's an amazing and wonderful kid. Please tell spencer thank you for us. Tell him we really appreciate his sacrifice. We love that kid!!!!!