Monday, June 9, 2008

Garden update


I worked in the garden early this morning, before it got too hot. This year I am trying something new - putting trash bags around the plants to reduce weeds and retain moisture in the soil. Awhile ago I put it down around the tomatoes and cantaloupes, which were furthest along, and they are totally thriving. In fact the tomato plants are starting to grow little green tomatoes. So today I put it down around the corn, squash, cucumbers and peppers (which are doing a little better, by the way). One of my problems is that I procrastinate doing projects; but when I finally get around to them, I shut out the world and don't want to stop what I'm doing. Perhaps that's why I put off doing them in the first place. Dallin and Brennan were going in and out of the house - Dallin still in his jammies and Brennan just wearing a diaper (he has decided he hates clothes and even tries to get the diaper off - good thing it's summertime). At one point Dallin stuck his head out the door and said, "You better stay outside, mommy, because if you come inside you will find water mess all over the floor and you will get angry." That brought me back to reality. There was indeed water all over the floors, but I couldn't get angry. After all, I was the one neglecting my children.

No comments: