Saturday, May 3, 2008

Arrrg!



Tyler has just about the most expressive face I've ever seen. It's a small face, but it's all features.

My life is being consumed with choosing a new van. This week I have spent countless hours searching for titles, perusing the internet, and test driving vans with Brennan while everyone was at school/work. It's all very exciting, but a bit exhausting. It doesn't help that I'm still catching up from our trip to Utah last week (unfortunately no house cleaning fairies came while we were gone), and on top of it all I've had a terrible cold that is just about over now except for a nagging cough that keeps me up all night. Last night I slept on the couch so that I could sleep sitting up a bit plus not keep Dave up all night, as I had been doing the previous couple of nights.

We went on a fabulous date last night. (Are all the married couples out there going on weekly dates?? We've been doing much better since Kristen moved here with 2 babysitters we can call last minute). We had dinner at an old inn downtown we've been wanting to go to for awhile. We shared a rib eye steak, which was delicious, and as usual, there was plenty of food for both of us. Dave said it was the best steak he's had in this town, and there was no wait, which is amazing for a Friday night. The upstairs was the lounge, which sounded quite crowded. But downstairs was the more formal restaurant with live music. We could watch the busy downtown on one side of windows and beautiful gardens on the other - it's actually where we took our family Christmas picture last year. We got the Bananas Foster for dessert, which my friend has been bugging me to try forever. She'll be happy when she hears we ordered it and loved it. They saute butter and brown sugar right in front of you, then add bananas and pecans and top it off with some kind of alcohol, which makes quite a display as it all burns off - we're talking lots of flames that make all the other diners turn and ask, "What's that?!" Then they pour it all over vanilla ice cream. It was quite delicious. When we got home we watched a very funny French movie called The Dinner Game. I find all kinds of fun things on Netflix.

Have a wonderful Sabath day tomorrow. I have everyone's shirts ironed and boys bathed, so I'm in good shape.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That sounds like a great restaurant! In Provo on the weekend you always have to wait an hour or so, but here in Ponca it seems there's never a wait. So no waiting is good, but it also means not so much population to support more and better restaurants.