Monday, May 5, 2008

I Hate Shoes

I had a fleeting thought last night that we should round up shoes in preparation for this morning. That would have been a good idea. Mondays are hard for shoes because we've gone one or maybe even two days without wearing them, and that's more than enough time to get lost. Instead we waited until 7:50 this morning and could only find one each of Tyler's and Spencer's shoes. We eventually found Tyler's other one, but Spencer had to wear a pair he doesn't like (someone gave them to us, and they fit okay but they're hard for him to walk in b/c they're so clunky). I finally found his other shoe as we were running out the door 10 minutes late. They usually walk to school (we live 10 houses away), but we were so behind today that I decided to drive them. That sounds simple enough, but the Saturn was parked behind the van and the car seats were sitting out. I never did buckle in Dallin and he realized it just about the time we got back home and started freaking out that a cop was going to get us. I'm not sure I saved any time by driving. But we did manage to get there just as the bell rang. I just hate to feel rushed like that in the morning. Spencer is particularly sensitive to that, and I don't like to send him off to school in a rushed tone.

2 comments:

Boo said...

My boys also get very upset when we forget to buckle them in. Sometimes they cry, sometimes they scream, but they always let us know before we leave the driveway.
-MaryRuth

Jen said...

I remember one Sunday when one of us kids ended up just going in socks. Mom said, "four out of five kids with shoes is pretty good." Of course, you don't get that option with school.