Sunday, May 4, 2008

Adventurous Cooking


Ever since we ate at that fabulous French crepe cafe for my birthday, I've been itching to create my own crepe masterpiece. So I found a wonderful recipe for vegetable crepes in my Meals For a Month Cookbook that I tweaked for dinner tonight. It was a perfect Fast Sunday dinner because I was able to make it all before church and just heat it up when we got home. Plus as hungry as I get for dinner, I never want anything too heavy after fasting. I sauteed onions, carrots and mushrooms, then I added spinach, frozen potatoes and cheese. I rolled them up in the crepes, put them in a 9x13 pan and poured cream of mushroom soup mixed with milk on top. It was so light and yummy - everyone ate it up. Then for dessert I made hot fudge sauce to put over ice cream. Next I want to make dessert crepes - strawberries with Nutella and ice cream. So simple and yet so delicious.

I LOVE junior primary! For those of you who don't know, they are the 3-7 year olds at church. The senior primary (ages 8-11) are fine, but they start to get a bit smart-alicky by then. I think we have a particularly active junior primary, but I feel like I'm able to get them under control with stories, and their little faces are just fixed on me like, "What's going to happen next??" I just love them! Today for sharing time I put up eight pictures of families from the scriptures (Adam & Eve, Abraham and Isaac, Lehi and his family, etc.) I would give them clues and they would have to guess which family I was describing and tell one way we can learn to strengthen our families from them. It went great. Senior primary didn't go quite so great. We played 20 questions, but they didn't always know what question to ask. I just haven't figured out how to prepare for them as well yet.

No comments: