Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cub Scouts, Babies, Salmon and Book Club

Yesterday was fun. It was Spencer's first time to go to cub scouts, and he was thrilled! He looked so dang cute in his cub scout uniform - I'll post a picture when I get a chance. We drove his cousins, and they spent the whole way there telling him what to expect. While I waited to pick them up, I went to Kohl's and bought a baby shower gift. It's always fun to buy dresses for other people's babies. I found a really cute green summery dress, but I could not find a little white shirt to go with it. Now I know how people feel about trying to keep their girls dressed modestly - it's tough! I wrote a note on her gift that I would keep looking and give her a shirt later. I got a size 12 mos, so I have plenty of time. I also picked up a fresh Alaskan salmon fillet for dinner (not from Kohl's, of course). I grilled it with Teriyaki marinade, and it was SOOOO delicious. It may have been the freshest, yummiest salmon I've ever had. It wasn't the slightest bit fishy-tasting. After dinner I went to the baby shower, which was very well-attended. It was for a lady who has been trying to have a baby for years and years. She's been attending a group that doesn't believe in any kind of baby monitoring, diabetes testing, ultra sounds, and of course pain medication. I won't comment, except to say that I can't imagine a worse experience myself. But to each his own. I left the shower early and headed over to a book club. We started a new book - 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families. I've never read it but the intro sounded good. To be honest, we spent most of the time chatting, which I love. We haven't had a book club meeting in months, and we had lots of catching up to do.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

For the summer baby dresses, I tend to just use a plain onesie.