Friday, May 9, 2008

Life without a fridge

If we thought it was tough going a day without a microwave, it's been ten times tougher going a day without a refrigerator. A couple days ago our fridge (less than 3 years old) started making a strange loud noise. When we woke up yesterday the food wasn't particularly cold. So we called the Sears people, but they can't come until this afternoon. I had to clean out the fridge, put what I could salvage into our cooler, transfer the freezer stuff to Kristen's chest freezer, and feed my family from a cooler all day. But I'm not one to wallow in self-pity (to quote my mom, "I don't mind suffering in silence, as long as everyone knows that's what I'm doing"), so here's me looking on the bright side:

1. Dave called Sears so I didn't have to. That's huge. You know how I hate to call people.
2. At least the water is still working. I love my filtered fridge water.
3. We were low on food anyway, so I didn't have to throw that much stuff away.
4. I've never cleaned out our freezer, so this was a good time to do it. I had 5 partially-used bags of frozen mixed vegetables.
5. Brennan is so cute I can't stand it. Okay that has nothing to do with my fridge, but I can't think of any more bright sides, and he's sitting here doing his fake-o smile that cracks me up. The boys are going camping tonight and I've got a chick flick on its way, so life is good.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah, what is it about multiple open bags of mixed vegetables. I have a couple large bags of chopped broccoli--I'd forgotten I'd already bought one.