Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our garden, 2008


It never ceases to amaze me. I put tiny shriveled up seeds in the ground, turn on the automatic drip system, and the next thing I know there are cute little green plants coming up all over. So far we have corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash and cantaloupe. I will plant the pumpkins in July and the beans and peas in the fall. Oh yeah, I also did peppers from seed. But they aren't doing so great. I haven't had much luck with them in the past either. Anyone have any tips? Yesterday was a gorgeous gardening day - not too hot. I weeded the whole garden, which took a couple hours because it had gotten totally out of hand. When I was almost done, Spencer asked, "Do you think the weeds already dropped their seeds and they're just going to come right back?" Yes, Spencer, they probably will.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I say skip the seeds and just go for the pepper plants. Your garden is much more ambitious than mine. Way to go!