Friday, May 16, 2008

Our hot little outing



Dallin tries to pull the sword from the stone - don't you love the dragon??

Knowing it was going to reach the upper 90's yesterday, I decided to take Dallin and Brennan to the park nice and early. We usually go to the downtown park after the library, but Dallin wanted to go to the "dragon park" instead, which is very close to our house. So we went there on the way to the library, around 9:45. (We would have gone even earlier, but I didn't have any clean shorts for Brennan to wear. So I had to sew the sides of a clean pair we had that was too big around the waist. If our next kid is husky, we're in trouble, because I've sewn all our pants to make them fit Brennan). It felt great in the shade, but it was already too hot in the sun! Dallin couldn't go down the slide because he said it was too hot. Luckily we brought a snack, so we just relaxed under a tree and ate. Brennan was so excited to be outside that he kept running - away from the park. When I called his name to come back, he ran faster, the little pill. I forgot to pack the stroller, and when we got to the library, he did the same thing. He kept trying to run away, laughing and ignoring me when I called him. He's beginning that stage when he knows what I want him to do and purposely does the opposite. This makes going places a tad more complicated and dangerous and it was totally stressing Dallin out. He kept saying, "Mommy, get Brennan!!!" Funny that it wasn't that long ago that Dallin did the same thing. What am I saying - he still does it. But when he sees his brother doing it, it scares him. We picked Tyler up from Kindergarten on the way home and didn't leave the house again for the rest of the day. It got up to 99.





2 comments:

Mandy said...

With each post, I want more and more to live close to you again! You are such a fun mom Hilary! From ocean-themed bedrooms to picnics at the park, you and your boys are always enjoying yourselves. I wish we could spend our days together...chasing Brennan and George!

Hilary said...

Mandy - I would love it if you moved back here! What are the chances?! hilary