Sunday, July 20, 2008

Outings

Yesterday we watched the kids while Kristen and Nathan went on the youth temple trip with Christopher and Jonathan (his first time to go). The day went well, especially since I spent most of the day reading Twilight. It is so good - I knew I would enjoy it. In the middle of the day, Dave took Spencer, Tyler and Dallin to the beach. They came home all excited about the wildlife they'd found. Plus there happened to be an event going on at the beach with lots of booths - crafts, sea animals and info about seat otters and elephant seals. They came home with bracelets and pelican hats they'd made, along with the usual shells and such they collected hiking on the beach. They even found a dead stingray in the sand, but of course they left that there. Last night we watched Definitely, Maybe while exercising, then I stayed up way too late reading. I should go to bed early tonight, but somehow I always get a second wind when I have a good book to read.

No comments: