Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It won't be long now

I get so excited when I find actual veggies in my garden. I mean the greenery is lovely and all, but the edible part is what it's all about. We've had a lot of sun and heat recently, and I guess that makes the garden happy. Dave increased the watering to twice a day. We don't want the plants to dry up, after all.


We will soon have cantaloups coming out of our ears. There are at least 8 that are huge already. They just need to brown up a tad. Too bad half our children are allergic to them.
I got a packet of mixed pepper seeds this year. I didn't know it would start out yellow - for some reason I thought they would all start out green and change colors. So this was a fun suprise.

I planted all beefsteaks this year. I just love huge garden tomatoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oBeautiful garden Hilary!!! I miss not having a garden. Thomas, Jason and Alicia are talking about helping me with a garden next spring. They have a way of getting things done, so I'm optimistic.
Mom