Thursday, July 3, 2008

Out of the House

One of the hardest parts about summer for me is the difficulty in getting out of the house. I just don't like to go shopping or run errands with 4 boys in tow, and they certainly don't want to go either. So I end up putting it off until it becomes an emergency. A couple days ago we were completely out of milk, so I woke up at 6:00 and went to the store before Dave left for work. Yesterday I had to buy a new faucet for the kitchen sink because ours started leaking huge puddles onto the floor. We've been wanting to replace it for awhile because it was getting more difficult to turn off. But you know how hard it is to get around to things like that. Well having no running water in the kitchen is very motivating. So I was going to go to Home Depot yesterday morning, but Dallin threw up the night before and I wanted to watch him in the morning to see if he was well enough to go out or if anyone else was going to get sick too. By the time I figured he was okay, it was time for Brennan's nap. And if I don't get out of the house before Brennan's nap, it usually doesn't happen. He woke up around 3:30 and no one wanted to go, but that was just too bad. I was going nuts without water. So we finally got to Home Depot, and they had lots to choose from. It takes me so long to make decisions like that. I kept going back and forth between 2 faucets that I liked, and it didn't help that the boys were distracting me by pushing each other in the shopping cart, up and down the isle, and telling me which faucet they wanted. I finally chose one and came home, and everyone was starving for dinner. When Dave came home he told me I bought the wrong one because I got one with a seperate sprayer. Our old one has a pull-out faucet/sprayer with a seperate air gap for the dishwasher. But I had a primary meeting last night, so I didn't have time to exchange it. The plumber is supposed to be here any minute now, and I guess we'll find out if it'll work or not. How much longer until Spencer is old enough to babysit??

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh Amen Hilary! My to-do list is so overwhelming that it can be paralyzing. And getting out the door is my number one problem - hard to get things done if you can't even get out the door to get started. Again wishing I lived close and I could come over while Brennan and George napped and you could run errands. Someday! In the meantime, I'll get my blog updated and get the invite sent to you. Thanks for writing! Happy plumbing!

Anonymous said...

You're getting a plumber to do it?? I thought Troy as in town.--Aaron

Hilary said...

well troy did offer, but i didn't want to give him a project to do on his vacation. and i'm glad we used a plumber because it was all so rusted he had to used a power saw to get the old one off. it's great to have a working faucet again.