Tuesday, April 22, 2008

When It Rains It Pours

Why does it always seem like everything breaks at once? Recently our microwave just stopped working. The thing looked brand new (I'm not sure how old it is - it was here when we bought the house). I didn't have time to shop around and research different stores and brands because I was busy getting ready for the primary activity, so I just went to a store, chose a microwave and bought it on the spot (that's not me). Dave installed it that night, which is good because the waiting list to have the store install it was a whole week, and who can go a whole week without a microwave? We barely survived the day. Then we replaced our ailing Saturn, as I mentioned. Then the van started doing funny things, so we took it to the mechanic to get looked at before we go on our big trip tomorrrow. Turns out those funny things meant it needs a new transmission, which we have chosen not to do because it isn't worth it. It's been a crazy day for me, getting ready for our trip and picking up a rental minivan.

No comments: