Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm 32!

Today is my birthday, and I'm having a fabulous day. I'm 32, the same age my mom was when she had me. I feel so grown up, and I like it. This morning I made my favorite pancakes - an adaptation of a Martha Stewart recipe I found a few years ago. Recipe to follow. After breakfast Tyler told me I'm a better cook, now that I'm a year older.

My friend Michelle watched all the kids so Kristen & I could go out to lunch. It was 2:00 by the time we got our food and we were so hungry we inhaled it. We got 2 different panini sandwiches and shared them - turkey, brie, cranberry and apple was one, and chicken florentine - with pesto, swiss, and spinach, was the other. Absolutely delicious!

I've decided to join the local PA/NP society. Dave's been a member for awhile, but he doesn't go to the monthly meetings very often because it's hard to take a night away from the family. They have their meetings at various fancy restaurants around the county and have a wonderful meal at the expense of drug rep companies, who then sponser guest speakers. I decided I wanted to join so that I could go too and we could make a date night out of it. So last night was my first meeting. We ate at an incredible restaurant overlooking the bay and watched the sun set behind the rock. It was a beautiful clear evening, and the food was SOOO good. It was a 5 course meal with oysters & jumbo shrimp, crab cakes, salad, steak, and chocolate cake. I should have driven home because Dave, as usual, started sneezing as soon as we got to the car.

7 comments:

Laura Hennessee said...

Happy Birthday, Hilary! It sounds like you had a great day!

Missa said...

Happy Birthday, Hilary! I've been thinking about you today. Question--Why does Dave sneeze when he gets in the car?

Missa said...

The posts say Marrisse, but actually their from me, Aaron

Missa said...

Which is obvious when you notice that I wrote "their" for "they're"--I hate when I do that.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Hilary. I thought of you whenever I noticed the date. I also sometimes think of what Mom was doing whenever she was the age that I am now. And then I usually feel like I'm wimping out.

Hilary said...

funny, aaron! dave inherited his dad's funny little trait of sneezing when he's full. It always happens after overeating at a restaurant, but it doesn't usually start until we start driving home and then it becomes a safety issue b/c he's sneezing so hard he can't watch the road. that's why i usually have to drive home after eating out.

Mrs Abbott said...

Happy Birthday, Hilary!