Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Quotes of the Day

If you were a fly on the wall at our house yesterday, this is some of what you'd hear:

"Mmmmm!" - Brennan, eating homemade popcorn on the couch with everyone else while watching Nancy Drew. Usually we eat our microwave popcorn while he's sleeping then remove all the evidence before he wakes up. But last night I had a brilliant idea - make popcorn from scratch and just put his vegan margarine on it so he can eat it too. It was delicious, and it made him so happy. He was stuffing fistfulls in his mouth at a time.

"Mommy, can you help me be nice?" - Dallin. I am always reminding him to "be nice." He can be quite a pill at times, but then out of the blue he says something super sweet. Such is the life of a three year old.

"Can you open the closet? I want to play pirate dress-ups." - Tyler. If you want to keep your house relatively clean, lock up all the toys in the closet! It has helped us immensely. If the boys want to play with something, they have to ask me to unlock the closet, get it out, then lock it back up. Then if they want to play with something else, they have to put the other toys away first. I cannot say enough about this.

"Did you put my joke on your blog yet?" -Spencer, who has inherited his dad's and grandpa's love of puns. So here it is: After being stuck in stop-and-go traffic for an hour on the way home Sunday, then finding at the end a car flipped on its side, "Do you know why there was a traffic jam? Because that car was toast!" Don't worry, the passengers were all safely standing on the side of the road.

"Ah! Ah! Ah! Aaaaaaaahhhhh! - Hilary, trying to clean the fish tank when the fish jumped out of the net and flopped all around the counter then into the sink, where it would have gone done the drain had it not been for a plate in the way, whew! I had to manage it back into the net without touching it, of course. I guess I was quite a spectacle because the boys jumped around laughing for a good 5 minutes.

"I'd rather stay home with you guys." - Dave, on his way out the door to see Cats. He did manage to have fun. They all rode down in a limo and he didn't have to tell his cat story.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh Hilary - How I would love to be a fly on your wall! Your boys are hilarious - and the fish story, traffic jam joke and cat story has all of us laughing too. Thanks!

Jen said...

I'd have all kinds of inspiration to write if I could hang around with you guys more. Good joke by the way--did he come up with it all by himself?

Hilary said...

oh yes, that's a spencer original. his mind is always working to come up with jokes.