Monday, April 14, 2008

I really don't have time for this

I enjoy reading everyone's blogs so much I want to make my own. The only problem is that I spend so much time reading blogs that I probably don't have time to write my own. We'll see how this goes.

It's Monday morning after a busy weekend (aren't they all?). The kids are in school and Brennan's taking a nap. Life is good. Don't tell anyone, but this is my favorite time of the day. In contrast, my least favorite hour of the week is Sunday between 11:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. This is my "Oh shoot! We have so much to do to get ready for church!" time. Dave sometimes comes home from his meeting just in time to help us get out the door, but not always. Meanwhile, I am running around getting me and the boys cleaned and dressed and fed, the church bag packed, and sometimes (when I'm not thinking clearly), the kitchen cleaned and dinner started. I've been known to lose my temper in the process. I know, not conducive to the spirit, especially right before church. I've got to get better at this!

But Sunday is 6 days away, so now I'm enjoying the quiet empty house.

3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Really cute, Hilary!

Sandy said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and Carol (my sister) sent up mine so I don't have to. It's actually our parent's blog because I never did finish their life story and so now we're all doing it together.

I can definitely relate to what you wrote Hilary. Sundays used to be pretty hairy. I did want to say that NOW (at 48 years old) Sunday is my most favorite day.

I team teach Gospel Doctrine (Book of Mormon) this year and preparing the lesson during the week tends to be the more stressful time. I really love the Book of Mormon and I taught it once before while living in Las Vegas so I'm better prepared this time around.

Back to why Sunday 7:00 am to 10:30 pm is my favorite time. My kids are older. Nikki is in her own apartment, about 20 minutes away (too far still) and is a happy person, has a part time job, is finishing her education, full of energy and loves the Gospel.
She's 2nd counselor in the Relief Society presidency and really loves the girls in her singles ward. She just finished the Book of Mormon in time for Conference and was able to be at the Conference Center for all 4 sessions. Also she's in love, which is very fun for Mom.

My second child-Elder Money (AJ) is serving a full time mission in Baltimore, Maryland (Spanish Speaking) and loving it and then again also realizing that sharing the Gospel isn't necessary what the people in Baltimore want and therefore he is worker harder and harder.

David is a senior and went to the Prom on Sat night. He went to bed too late and didn't want to get up for church. I was a little sad about that but he's a good kid and usually never misses and best of all he's preparing to serve a mission in Jan 2009.

Joseph is Joe...he's so fun and loves church and loves sports and loves school and he even gets himself dressed and is happy in the morning. He's 9 almost 10 but he wasn't always this easy.

I spend my time at church listening, learning, crying, sitting with my friends, sometime I get sleepy, sometimes I wish I were in my bed, but mostly I feel really loved. Then I come home and we all eat something easy for lunch. I then get to work on something that I don't do during the week. That is my goal for Sundays-I have to do good things that I don't have time for during the week.

I write letters to Elder Money and all the other Elders serving from our Ward, I call family, especially my Dad's family. We have family home evenings on Sundays and we usually have a nice dinner together. If possible we invite friends for dinner and FHE.

So let me sum this all up. Sundays were really tough when the kids were little but now it's my favorite day. Just enjoy those 4 boys while you can because they're going to grow up rather quickly and then they won't need you as much because you taught them to be independent and kind and honest and loving.

And then you'll be a little sad because the house is quiet and you can do whatever you want!
Sandy :)

Laura Hennessee said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! Yay!

My least favorite time is whenever my nerves are frazzled during one of Ben's long work weeks. It's hard for me not to get overwhelmed sometimes. My favorite time of day -- after the kids are in bed for the night. I love checking on them while they sleep. It melts my heart every time and reminds me how sweet they really are.