Sunday, April 20, 2008

Moments of Joy


"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."
-Elder M. Russell Ballard, General Conference April 2008. http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-851-37,00.html

I loved that talk! This morning we woke up to all the boys in our bed, snuggling, tickling and laughing and no one asking for breakfast. Talk about a shining moment of joy.
.
The interesting thing about this picture of Dallin is that he was really sad at the time. I've discovered a way to help him get happy when he's in a funk. I tell him I want to see his smile, but he's just too sad. Through his tears he tells me to get my camera, and when I take a picture of him he smiles for the camera. That's it! Then he's in a happy mood.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I really, really loved that talk, too.