Monday, January 19, 2009

Temple trip

We drove down to L.A. Friday night, stayed at the temple apartments, and participated with Stake Temple Day on Saturday. It always seems like such a huge thing to go down there, but then we have a wonderful time and it's so worth it. The kids always love road trips, especially when we eat at Red Lobster on the way home.Dave and I took turns going to the temple and watching the kids. It was an incredibly warm day (I really should have packed shorts and t-shirts), and the boys loved being near the temple.
First they rode scooters and played at the park behind the apartments.

Dallin took this picture of me. It's a bit crooked, but I still like it.
When we got too hot we put our scooters away, went over to the mission house to watch the Joseph Smith video (the visitors center is still under construction), then headed over to the temple grounds.
There was a bridal party there, and Brennan kept trying to get in their pictures.
There are a couple really cool trees to climb there.
At one point Brennan tried to run into the temple when the doors were open, Tyler tackled him to the ground to stop him, and Brennan screamed for all to hear. I was on the other side of the reflecting pool, so it took me a little while to get to them. That was exciting.
Dallin looks mad in this picture, but actually he was being reverent. Do you realize how close the temple is to Beverly Hills?! I've been looking at a dresser at Crate and Barrel online, and since we had a couple hours between our sessions, Dave suggested we go to the store to check it out. They didn't have it in stock, but I thoroughly enjoyed walking through the store anyway. I can't remember the last time I've been in a store and loved everything in it. And Dave's excited he's found a way for me to want to go to the temple more often. Oh the time I could spend here...

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

Your boys are so cute, Hilary and I love, love, love the L.A. temple: I got my endowments out there, in December of 1998, right before my mission in 1999- has it been ten years already?? Ahh!