Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years

Last night was a lot of fun. Ellen and Jason orchestrated the preparation of a large Indian feast for everyone, and it was delicious! We had 2 meat dishes (lamb and chicken) and 2 vegetarian ones (spinach & cheese and potatoes with peas). Ellen had me make the flat bread, which was surprisingly easy and yummy. For those of us who had been to Indian restaurants before, we were impressed by how authentic it tasted without being so spicy we couldn't enjoy it. All my boys were excited to try it and loved it all, although the lamb dish was a little too spicy for Tyler and Dallin. Dave & I definitely want to get the recipes. After dinner Dave and I went to the stake center to chaperon the youth dance. It was actually more enjoyable than I thought it would be, since there were some adults there I enjoyed talking to. Meanwhile our kids had a huge party at Kristen's house with all their cousins; they enjoyed crackers & cheese, chips, brownie sundays and Martinellis for toasting to everything they could think of, including the alphabet. Tyler reported that they went to bed at 10:22. After midnight we went back to Kristen's house and had crackers & cheese, spinach dip and wings with the other adults. Then we collected our sleeping children and got home around 2:00, where Ben was waiting out front, hoping to crash on our couch. Ellen and Jason and Anna stayed here too. We put all our boys in one room and put a T.V. in there with some movies and instructed them to try to stay in there until we got up so they wouldn't wake up our guests. And guess what, they did! They said they got up at 6:00, but by the time I woke up at 8:00, they were all still quietly watching movies. What a great start to the new year. (See Emily - I was going to add another "!" at the end there, but I already had 2 and didn't want you to think I was yelling at you:)

No comments: