Friday, October 17, 2008

random updates

Spencer's class went to the dump today. He was so excited about it. Afterwards they had lunch at the park where he said his first word. Remember that, Jen? He kept pointing to the ducks and saying "duck!" over and over. Then he had a duck-themed first birthday.
.
Tyler has a bully in his class. Tyler isn't very big, and the bully is. He even punched Spencer in the stomach one day at recess - for no reason, he just walked up to them and punched them both. He keeps getting in trouble, but that doesn't stop him from picking on Tyler.
.
Dallin went to the high school homecoming assembly during preschool today. He was all excited about the candy, the bear cat mascot, the stomping and the cheering, but he said the music was so loud it hurt his ears.
.
Brennan went visiting teaching with me this morning and absolutely loved talking to her pet bird and eating grapes growing in her backyard. Now that I'm the visiting teaching coordinator at church, I'm trying to be better about doing my visiting teaching.
.
I bought really cute, incredibly comfortable shoes today. The fancy shoe store downtown was having a huge parking lot sale, and I figured I'd take a look since I only had 1 kid with me. I have wide feet and I'm cheap, so I usually hate shoe shopping. But these fit me perfectly and were $86 on sale for $29, and I really needed comfortable black shoes for church. I wanted to buy more, but Brennan was done shopping.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I do remember the duck day at the duck park. He was very clear. I never really thought of a dump as a field trip destination. Any ideas about that bully? Maybe Tyler could carry around a baseball bat, or a taser.