Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting ready

I'm one step closer to being ready for Hawaii - I now have bright red toenails. My friend gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure recently, and I figured this was the perfect time to use it (thanks Joddy!). Less exciting things I've accomplished this week: reserved a rental car, scheduled flu vaccines for the kids, finished Halloween costumes, fed the missionaries (the best beef stew I've ever made!), went visiting teaching, wrote a letter about Tyler's bully to the principal, ordered a wedding gift for my cousin and organized clothes for the kids (some winter clothes from the basement and a bag of clothes from a friend - this is such a never-ending process for me! I love hand-me-downs, but it forces me to traige and make room for them in the dressers right away, or else they make a mess all over the house until I go crazy enough to do it). Dallin is especially excited about the orange Hawaiin shirt he got from the bag of clothes. He's worn it two days in a row and wants to wear it on his field trip tomorrow, but it's dirty and too big, so I've talked him out of it.

No comments: