Friday, October 3, 2008

Panda Fun Run

Today was the Panda Fun Run school fundraiser. This was the first year they've done it, and I love the idea. All the money donated goes directly to the school, instead of half of whatever product they sell, which I usually don't want anyway.

Here's Tyler with his best friend Jordan. He lives close to us, and the boys all walk home together every day. He's a really sweet kid.
Each grade took turns running around the field for 20 minutes throughout the morning. As the kids ran by, the teachers would mark their stickers to count the laps. The fastest runners from each grade won a prize.
But of course everyone got a medal and popsicle at the end. Luckily it's much cooler today than it has been the past week, so that was nice. I heard the school earned about $10,000, which is more than they usually earn for a fundraiser. Plus it encourages exercise, so I think it's a great idea. I hope they do it every year.

2 comments:

Missa said...

What a coincidence!! Today was our jog-a-thon. It's our school's fund raiser, too. Our school is a "Gold Medal" school which means that they have all these programs in place to encourage exercise. They even have a sidewalk "track" that the kids can walk or run laps on at recess. I spent the whole morning at the school cheering my kids on. They had lots of fun. It looks like your kids did too.

Boo said...

That reminds me of "Jump Rope for Heart." Do you remember that exercise/fundraiser? It was a lot of fun. And afterwards, they gave us pizza.
-MaryRuth