Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's about time

Over the past 2 days I've finally gotten around to doing things I've been meaning to or trying to do for a long time.
1. I made hotel reservations for Hawaii! Dave and I are coming up on our 10th wedding anniversary next month, and I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. So although we had decided to go there, I just hadn't been able to choose a place. My friend said she could get me a good deal through her time share. But the problem is that the deals don't turn up until a month ahead of time, and Dave has to give his work at least a month's notice. I kept looking online, but I just couldn't bring myself to decide on anything. I'm so dang indecisive!! So I called my friend yesterday, and although she couldn't find anything good on Oahu, where we wanted to go (Polynesian Cultural Arts Center), she happened to notice some great deals on other islands. So I called Dave, and we decided to go to Kauai instead. It's more tropical (waterfalls, tropical plants, etc.), and much less developed. I wanted to go someplace exotic without a lot of crowds. So we'll go to the PCAC another time - maybe our 20th. We're going to a really nice resort with its own private beach, and we'll have a bedroom, living room, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It feels so good to finally having it arranged, and we're totally stoked to go.

2. I took Brennan in for his 1 year shots. I know, he's almost 2 years old, but let me explain. When he was diagnosed with his allergies last year, right before he turned 1, his pediatrician said he couldn't get any of the 1 year immunizations because they were all grown in egg. Well I believed him. Then recently I started to wonder if there were any he could have. So I called the health department and made an appointment. The nurse told me that it wasn't true about the 1 year shots and egg allergies, and that the only one he can't have is the flu shot. So he's all caught up now, thank goodness. I'm not a negligent mom after all!

3. We're getting the A/C fixed! After 2 un-returned phone calls, Dave called the guy for me and left a message saying that if he's too busy than please refer us to someone else. Well the guy called right back(!) and said he's been out of town, so he referred us to someone he said was honest and reliable. We made an appointment with the new guy for that morning. Apparently it's just a part that needs to be replaced, which he is installing at this very moment. Of course now the weather is cooling down, but I'm just glad it's finally getting done and will only cost a couple hundred dollars.

4. I ordered a new calendar. Our old calendar expired a month ago, and I just hadn't gotten around to ordering a new one. I have all kinds of notes posted around my old calendar and feel lost not knowing the dates coming up. I like to order my calendars from Wal-Mart, so of course that took a little time to choose which pictures to use and upload them, and then of course they had to make it and mail it. But it came yesterday - yay!

5. I cleaned off the piano, bookcase and mantel. We fed the missionaries a couple nights ago, and then my visiting teachers came over later that evening, so this motivated me to de-clutter. I really need to have people over more often!

2 comments:

Missa said...

Yea! Hawaii! Aaron would really like to go to Kauai. What a wonderful and romantic vacation. We'll wave to you from Oahu.

Hilary said...

Will you be there the same time?! (Nov 2-8)