Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference

I'm on a spiritual high from watching General Conference all weekend. I would say the overall theme was peace, hope and faithfulness in the face of an increasingly tumultuous world. I laughed at the hilarious story David B. Haight told about his daughter's blind date! I cried about the story of the 7 year old boy who crossed the river to get the cows. I got goosebumps when Dave relayed Uchdorf''s story at the priesthood session about the man walking 22 miles every week to work on the Salt Lake temple, even after his leg was amputated. I liked Elder Bednar's talk about our morning prayers symbolizing the spiritual creation while our evening prayers are a continuation or representation of the physical creation. I'm motivated to be more appreciative of my children and enjoy this stage of my life after listening to President Monson's talk this morning. Man, I love that man! I really enjoyed the presentation about him between the sessions on Saturday. Overall the kids did an awesome job playing and entertaining themselves so that Dave & I could listen, and the broadcast worked great on the internet. It just keeps getting better and better each time. Yesterday I ironed through both sessions (I actually got caught up! It's been months since the ironing basket's been empty), and today I made pancakes and bread to freeze for Brennan as well as wheat bread and brownies from scratch for us. I like to be busy while I listen or else I get all fidgety or fall asleep. Plus I stayed up 'till 12:30 finishing my book last night, so I was a tad sleepy today. After conference we went on a family walk, and it was a gorgeous day. At dinner I asked the boys what they liked from conference, and Spencer and Tyler both remembered rather deep concepts. I was way impressed that they had caught so much. I'm sad to see the weekend come to an end as we leave our spiritual bubble and face the world tomorrow.

No comments: