Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wizard of Oz

Today the Performing Arts Club presented The Wizard of Oz, which the kids have been working on for the past couple of months. Braden was the Wizard, Spencer was a narrator, and Jacob and Tyler were Munchkins (Jacob was the coroner). They performed for the school this morning (my parents came up to watch it), and the evening show will be tomorrow night at 6:30. It's free of charge, and everyone is welcome to attend.

Spencer had lots of lines, and he did a great job remembering them, using expression and projecting his voice.

The Munchkins were so stinkin' cute! Tyler's line: "We thank-you very sweetly!"
My friend Nancy directed the play and pretty much did everything. She's so amazing. The sets and costumes were awesome, and it all ran very smoothly. But most of all, my kids had a blast! They were up at 6:00 and ready for school by 6:30 this morning, totally excited and repeatedly telling me how much I was going to love it! It's so fun to watch them enjoy something this much.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Yes i did do a good job now that you menchin it -Spencer anderson

Boo said...

How fun! It looks adorable. I wish we could go see it.

Judy and Lloyd Abbott said...

Judy and I enjoyed the hour-long show. We were amazed that a lunch room packed tight with elementary students sitting on the floor was so attentive that we could hear all the way in the back.

Clearly the material was just right for its intended audience--the kids. We parents/grandparents were along for the ride but recognize quality when we see it.

Great job Braden, Spencer, Jacob and Tyler--Granddad

Judy and Lloyd Abbott said...

Yes, I realize that the lunch room wasn't attentive--you get my point--dad