Saturday, August 2, 2008

Yay for prayer

We had an interesting experience today. We took our kids to the water park and had a great time, as always. It was a very hot day and the water felt great, and since it's Saturday, the place was more crowded than usual. As we were getting ready to leave, I took the keys out of my purse (so that I wouldn't have to dig for them when we got to the hot van), rounded up all the towels, and headed home. We came straight home, ate dinner (grilled Mahi Mahi - yum) and made a grocery shopping list. But when I went to grab my purse on my way out the door, it wasn't where I always keep it on the counter. We searched everywhere - in the house, in the towels, in the van - but couldn't find it. I didn't see how it could have been stolen because I never left it after I took my keys out. But it was no where. I put my credit cards on hold just in case. The frustrating thing is that I actually had cash in the dang thing, which I NEVER do. We returned that kitchen faucet today, and they gave me the $100 in cash. The water park had been closed for 2 hours, and when I called over there, no one answered. But when Dave and I prayed about it, we felt like he should go to the water park to look anyway. When he got there he was able to go right in because the cleaning people were there. He went to our chairs, but they were empty. Then he got the impression that he should look in the life jacket bin, and sure enough it was in there, almost at the top, with everything still inside. Yay! Apparently I inadvertently put it in there when I dropped off the life jackets on the way out. It never ceases to amaze me how awesome it is to get answers to prayer.

1 comment:

Jen said...

And isn't it funny how the strongest, clearest answers often come in finding important lost things? It's like a booster shot update, which makes me wonder if that isn't one of the purposes of misplacing things.