Thursday, August 21, 2008

Exciting Morning


Some mornings are more exciting than others.

Spencer - "Mom!! Brennan's eating the Jewish Sugar Scones!" I thought Brennan was being too quiet. I made the cookies for the PTA, which is doing a luncheon for all the teachers today. Amazingly Brennan didn't develop a rash, since he's allergic to almost every ingredient in them - flour, butter, sour cream, egg. He must not have eaten much, or else the Benedryl was still in his system from this morning when Dave came home from running and found him sitting on the couch eating a box of Wheat Thins. Luckily I was able to salvage enough cookies and make them presentable again.

Tyler - "Don't go too fast, mom. Remember when they caught you and gave you one more chance?" I got a warning for speeding and not coming to a complete stop over a year ago. It sure left an impression on my kids. They're still bringing it up. A few minutes after he said this, I passed a speed trap. Good thing I wasn't speeding.

Spencer - "I almost had to stop, drop and roll," after burning his pajamas on the gas stove when he accidentally turned it on while climbing up to the microwave to see how much time was left on the timer for piano practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting pulled over is very memorable for kids--I vividly remember getting pulled over in Landstuhl when mom was hurrying home because I said I had to go to the bathroom. I also remember mom being exasperated when we got home and i didn't have to go any more.

Aaron