Thursday, October 1, 2009

1 more day

Tomorrow is the big day! I've been so happy the last couple of weeks, just knowing I had a specific date to look forward to. In past pregnancies my due date has come and gone without a baby, and I am not a nice person. I would leave right after sacrament meeting because I didn't want to see anyone. Just having people look at my face and then my belly would make me burst into tears. One man actually said to me once, "I thought you were going to take care of that this week." I wanted to punch him. My doctors think it's just fine for me to go 2 weeks late, and I'm not okay with that. I mean seriously, what is the point? I've had a few babies and know my body. It just needs a little kick start to get going, and then things move along quickly. I'm very regular and know exactly how far along I am. So why just wait for those babies to get bigger and bigger and me to get more and more uncomfortable? It was for this very reason that I switched doctors, choosing someone in the area who has a reputation for giving her patients what they want. So when she asked me a couple weeks ago if I was okay with getting induced early, I wanted to cry and give her a big kiss. As of Tuesday I am between 3 and 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced, so she said I'm definitely inducible. Sounds good to me!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! hang in there. The whole scheduled birthdate thing sounds like a very good idea to me.