Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Welcome home, baby

We checked out of the hospital less than 24 hours after Levi was born. As much as I enjoy being there (I'm not being sarcastic - I actually do like it. It's peaceful and quiet and they bring me food and take away the dishes), I get restless and want to sleep in my own bed. Plus Dave always takes a week off work so I can just rest and take care of my baby. I thought that was pretty standard procedure, but apparently not. Answer my survey on the right. If you haven't had kids yet, choose what you think is most likely to happen.
The boys are lovin' this baby! They come home from school all excited every day and take turns holding him.


He sleeps all day and cries all night, as is typical of all my newborns. After all, this is the same baby I was pregnant with; he did the same thing then, kicking me awake at all hours of the night. But last night he slept 4 solid hours in his bassinet, and I woke him up to eat.

Levi is starting to have moments of alertness, but they don't last long.

Brennan's blowing kisses.

I can't get over how cute this little face is. Love the bright eyes!

My parents came up to see Levi Monday evening. He is their 32nd grandchild, 22nd grandson.

4 comments:

kristen said...

Very sweet. Now you just need a picture of him with the rest of your boys on the side bar.

Missa said...

Here's a funny story about husbands going back to work after the baby is born. The day after Katrina was born, Aaron had a final to do, so he went to it. When he and the installer were talking about things, he mentioned that I was in the hospital with our baby. The installer was incredulous that Aaron was there. In Aaron's defense, I was being well taken care of by the hospital staff, Katrina was in the NICU and there was little even I could do for her, and the kids were with my parents. And I did tell him to go. It was just funny.

Carol said...

Levi is adorable...and all your boys are so sweet with him. Wow, I'm blown away by all the grandkids your parents have accumulated so far! I guess it helps when you start with so many kids... You guys have such a great family!

Laura Hennessee said...

Really sweet little boy. Enjoy your newborn while you have him because, as you know, he'll be walking and talking too soon. I've gone home from the hospital after just one night each time. Last time, the hospital was really surprised and reluctant to let us go. Hello?? We just need to get on with our life. As for staying home, we've been super blessed and Ben's been able to be home for 3 weeks after births. Even though family is close, they are no help and I can use a lot!