Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

I don't want to wait until I'm caught up on blogs to do Valentine's day. 

We started off our day with heart-shaped one-eyed monsters. I figured we needed a non-sweet breakfast, since there would be plenty of sugar as the day went on.

The night before Valentine's day, Spencer had the idea of giving our neighbors a "heart attack." It's where you make lots of hearts and sneakily cover someone's door with them. Spencer cut out all the hearts, the boys colored some and wrote "We Love You Andy" and "We love you Heidi" on them. They left some on the ground because some little people had a hard time being quiet and this was stressing the older ones out. They thought for sure they would get caught. But our neighbors didn't hear a thing and were thoroughly surprised and happy to find this in the morning. 

Dallin made sugar cookies for his classroom party. It was his first time making these, and all I did was help roll out the dough. Good job, Dallin!

For our valentines this year we made mustache and lip lollipops. They were cheap, quick and cute. Even Spencer and Tyler wanted to hand them out at school. They were a big hit.

I love them! They gave the lips to the girls and mustaches to the boys.

Tyler said that Valentine's day is a lot different in middle school than elementary school. Instead of little store-bought valentines, it's flowers and boxes of chocolate. 

I woke up to roses and a card from Dave. 

I couldn't find any cards I liked for Dave. They were all so mushy - not my thing. Actually, I found one I kinda liked, but it was $8. That's ridiculous. So I found a free printable card on Pinterest. That's more my style! 


At least Chloe ate a sandwich before Levi got home from preschool (heart-shaped, of course), because she ate a lot of candy after that! She likes this holiday.

 How cute are those?!

These are the valentines I made for the kids. Probably their favorite candy bar is Heath, so I wrapped them in these minion printables. They were made for short push pops, so I had to tweak the size and add a fun caption. How did we manage Valentine's day before Pinterest?


1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

Very cute! I especially like Pinterest for Holidays- so fun!