Friday, March 23, 2012

Welcome home, baby!


After being off oxygen for 24 hours, Chloe was able to leave the hospital on Tuesday. Her sats dropped a little bit that last night there, but they gave her a treatment, performed chest percussions and suctioned out her mouth, and she did better after that. We were home when the boys got off school, and they were SO excited to see us.

For family home evening the night before, they made me a huge list of all the things they loved and missed about me while I was gone. It made me cry. Here are a few of the things they wrote: my smile, homemade cookies, tucking them in at night, reading them books, hugs and kisses, cooking dinner, cleaning, laundry, helping them say their prayers, playing games, talking to them about their day, playing, laughing at their silly jokes, my pretty face, giving them gum at church, helping with homework, taking them places and loving them, even when I'm angry. I missed them just as much. It was quiet and calm in the hospital, but I missed the noise, chaos, work and joy of being a mom to these sweet boys. I think the whole experience made us all appreciate each other SO much.

And cute little Chloe is doing so much better! She never has to work hard to breath, and her cough improves every day. She spends all her waking minutes looking around at her surroundings with wide eyes, like she knows she's in a new place. I love putting clothes on her and holding her without wires and kissing those soft cheeks without oxygen tubes and yucky tape in the way. Now I just need to fatten her up. She still wasn't up to her birth weight when we left the hospital.

5 comments:

Lloyd Abbott Jr. said...

She's doing so well at home. Ironically, could she have been allergic to something in hospital? Dad

janet said...

Hilary:

what an ordeal your family went through. Your children are absolutely beautiful and I am so happy that you are finally home -- where you and Chloe belong.

Laura Hennessee said...

She is precious. I'm so glad you guys are home!

Mrs Abbott said...

Welcome home, Chloe and Hilary!

Mary Kay said...

Yay. So glad to hear that she's home. What a cutie!