Thursday, March 8, 2012

Still here...

Chloe and I are still hanging out in the hospital. They tried to take her off oxygen again this morning, but her sats immediately went down to 80-85%. The doctor said that her airways are just so tiny that the smallest amount of congestion will block them and make it hard to get enough oxygen out of the air. She's only on 1/2 a liter of oxygen, but as soon as they put her back on it, her sats jump up to 99%.



I was pretty discouraged about not being able to go home today, and the doctor said we're probably looking at several more days. Plus Dave headed back to work today. But Kristen offered to bring my kids down to visit me after school, and that made a huge difference. I looked forward to it all day. I miss them so much! Dave stayed with Chloe while I played with the boys in the hospital courtyard. We ordered some pizzas for dinner then headed over to the park to play until it got dark. It was just wonderful.




The boys really wanted to see Chloe, but kids under 12 aren't allowed in the peds unit. At the end of our visit they looked through the pediatric door window while Dave held her up for them to see. They're doing really well, but it's been hard on them too. When they first got here, they all ran up and gave me big hugs. Except Levi. He took one look at me, turned around and walked away. But he warmed up quickly and wanted me to carry him to the park. And for the first time in months, I was able to do it. He was a stinker during dinner (whined about which piece of pizza he got), but I didn't even care. I miss that stinker.

5 comments:

Laura Hennessee said...

What a good mom you are!! Hopefully Chloe will be all better soon. I guess now you've got your well-lit newborn hospital pics? j/k Hang in there!

Mrs Abbott said...

Hope she gets better soon! What a way to spend your second week at home! We'll keep praying for you!

Hilary said...

i still don't have a window though! at least i found a free online photo editing program, since i don't gave photoshop on this computer - picnik.com. it;s pretty simple, but better than nothing.

Boo said...

Even with the oxygen tube, she's a cutie. Our children continue to pray for "Toe-y." Good luck!!

Troy Smalley said...

We're so sorry you're still there, and with no window. That must be so hard on your kids, to get their little sister and then get her taken away. It's amazing how many of us have had our little babies in the hospital. We all know how hard it is, and we're all praying for you.
Emily