Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Maternity Pics


I asked a photography friend from church to do a maternity shoot of me a couple weeks ago. I wanted to do it when I was far enough along to have a good sized belly but not so far that I'd be huge all over, so we went with 34 weeks.

We were going to do it the Monday before my baby shower (which was moved up kind of last minute) so I could display them there. I saw that at another shower and thought it was a really cute idea. But then I came down with the stomach flu the night before (it was aweful!!), so we did it the following day instead. I was still pretty sore all over, but at least I wasn't nauseous anymore. She had to photoshop out the broken blood vessels on my face.


She chose an awesome location - just off the side of the road near my house. She checked it out beforehand and wanted to do it here because it actually had green grass. Everywhere else was pretty dead looking. Plus I love the old fence and oak trees.


She kept telling me the whole time how gorgeous I was. You can't help but smile when someone tells you that. It was a lot of fun. I think she has such a good eye for lighting!

My belly kind of disappears when I lie on my back.




I really like how they turned out. I usually just do a quick snapshot right before I have my babies, and they've never been this cute. I'm glad I got them done.


I went to the doctor today, and she freaked out again about me measuring too small. But I don't FEEL small. I feel huge and uncomfortable. I just carry my babies really low. I'm 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.

Just 3 1/2 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful setting, beautiful fairytale lighting, beautiful you. Gosh, it's gorgeous.

Hilary said...

thanks jen!!