Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blue and Gold


Last week was the blue and gold banquet. This is the big annual cub scout birthday party, and we always start out with dinner - this year it was pot luck. My boys love church pot luck dinners. Dave and I aren't huge fans of them, but at least I get out of making dinner. I made a jello salad.

Tyler earned his Bear badge, which is cool because he got it done 2 months early - yay! Now he can work on earning extra stuff before he turns 10 and moves up to Webelos.


Black is slimming, right?? Here he's pinning the mother's pin on me.





See my huge finger splint? It is doing MUCH better now.


After awards and birthday cake they played a bunch of relay games. Tyler got to go first, since he had the nearest birthday.



They finished up with a funny game. All the cub scouts took off their socks and shoes, rolled up their pants and stood behind the chalk boards. Then all the parents had to correctly identify their own son's feet. At first it seemed really hard, but as we looked closely it was obvious. Tyler was #13. You gotta love cub scouts!

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

We just had ours yesterday and it was my first one! I was in charge of the table decorations and helping out. Phew. Glad it's over! Now on to Day Camp and the Pinewood Derby! Soon we'll have 2 scouts at the same time! Baby pictures are next, right?