Monday, January 2, 2012

What to get your parents for Christmas


It's always hard to know what to get parents and grandparents for Christmas, because they don't really need anything. My parents just moved and got rid of a lot of stuff as they downsized to a smaller home, so we didn't want to give them a bunch more stuff.


They have nine children, so my sister-in-law had the idea of pooling our resources to buy them each a Kindle. This seemed like a great idea, since they both love to read; plus they're nice and small and don't take up too much space.



My only concern was that it was such a perfect gift that one of them might already be giving it to the other. But they weren't, and they were very happy to get them.

It's fun to really surprise and delight someone with a gift. Thank-you, Megan, for the great idea!



I apologize for the use of flash in these pictures. They were taken before I got my new lens.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

I wish I could have been there - both mom and dad have mentioned how much they appreciate them.

Mrs Abbott said...

Hooray! So glad they liked them!!!

Jen said...

I love how you captured their expressions for those of us who couldn't be there.