Friday, January 13, 2012

Next round of visitors



Josh and Megan's family came to visit a couple of days after Maryruth's left. On Friday we went to Montana de Oro to walk along the bluffs. I'm sorry there are no pictures of the bluffs. I was still having too much fun with my new lens, which only does close-ups. We'll have to go there another time to get actual scenery shots.



Kristen came with 3 of her kids - Luke was home sleeping and the rest were busy. I love this casual, sunny, back-lit picture of her. Beautiful!




Poor Elizabeth was the only girl there, and she mostly hung out with the adults.


On the way home she rode with Kristen in her new car. She told her that her boys remind her of a boy in her class. Then she added that the boy has autism. She wants to go visit girl cousins next.



Here are some more cool back-lit pictures. I love how they still have so much light and detail, even in the shadows. This is Jonah.


And here is his identical twin brother Ethan. I'm getting so good at telling them apart! (I am right, right?)







After awhile we looped back towards the cars and found a cool grove of eucalyptus trees to climb.

You can't see it in this picture, but Asher was holding some kind of centipede. I'm still not used to having a prime lens, and it sometimes takes closer pictures than I want. I have to move myself back and forth, and there was limited space for that.


That night all the adults went out to dinner without the kids. It's one of my favorite things we do when family comes to visit.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

Hilary, I love these photos! The lighting is great and your lens captures faces wonderfully! And yes, you got the twins right!