Monday, October 4, 2010

Soccer

We finally signed Tyler up for soccer this year. There's 2 practices/week plus a game every Saturday. Spencer played a few years ago, and it kind of took over our lives. But Tyler has been asking us for the past couple of years, and Dave loved playing soccer as a kid, so I agreed to let Tyler play. What has made all the difference is that Dave volunteered to be the assistant coach, and he pushed to have the practices at a time when he could be there. Thus I don't have to go to any practices. In fact all I do is show up at the games to cheer. He's the least experienced player on the team, and they haven't won any games yet, but he still loves it.





What the heck is a striker? I suggested the smurfs, but they didn't go for it.
All the players rotate around the different positions, and a couple weeks ago Tyler got to be goalie.

I asked him afterwards how it went. He said it was kinda bad and kinda good. Bad because the other team scored a goal while he was there. But good because he had fun sliding on his belly in the mud trying to stop it.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I feel your pain. I have a love/hate (well, mostly hate to be honest) relationship with soccer season. The boys love it though so hard to say no.