Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First tooth

Dallin lost his first tooth a few days ago. He noticed it was loose while eating an apple. I told him I lost my first tooth while eating an apple at lunch in first grade. Well I guess I tell that story every time someone loses a tooth, because they all finished my sentence for me.

We just figured out a cool trick. Dallin had an ear infection, which wasn't a big deal in and of itself. He just told us one evening, "Sometimes things sound funny in my ear." So Dave took a look with an otoscope, and sure enough, his ear drum was all red and bulging. But the problem is that it's a pain to give him antibiotics because he's allergic to Penicillin and hates the alternative, Zithromax. Even though it's only 5 daily doses, he hates the taste and has a huge gag reflex. He has to have a big glass of water with it and often throws it all up. So we were dreading going through that again. But on day two I forgot to give it to him, so I woke him up to do it. He drank it right down, made a face and went right back to sleep. Then he didn't remember it at all in the morning. So we did it that way every night. What a genius discovery!

No comments: