Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Summer shoes and Brennan's 1st date

I've been feeling bummed recently that I can't wear cute capris or sandals this summer, due to my compression stockings. I mean I guess I could, but it would look pretty silly. So I decided to buy myself some cute shoes to make me feel better about the fact that I have to wear socks and shoes all summer. Have I mentioned how much I dislike shoes - shopping for them, wearing them, finding them when they're lost and we're late and we're trying to get out the door?

Check out these adorable Mudds I found, 50% off at Kohl's. I love them! I could have used a half size smaller, but my feet will probably grow over the next few months anyway. Now I just need to find some cute summery socks to wear with them.
.
In other news, this week was Brennan's first date with dad. He's been sad the last few times Dave's taken one of the boys out, so we decided it was time for Brennan to start going too. I told Brennan he was going to go out with Dave and I asked him what he wanted to do. He said, "Go to work with dad!" They went to the downtown park and had the best time. He kept saying, "Brennan big! Date with dad!" the whole time. Then they went to a fun candy shop to pick out a lollipop. First he chose one from the outside display, but when he went inside, he was amazed by the choices and changed his mind. "Want orange one!" All during prayers that night, he kept yelling, "Date with dad!"

2 comments:

Missa said...

Super cute shoes! I recently ordered some cute shoes that were rather similar from Land's End, but I ordered the wrong size, of course, and had to return them. I'm still waiting to wear them and look cute.

Double D said...

I'm so sorry you are stuck wearing the tights! Your shoes are way cute!!