Thursday, April 23, 2009

Les Miserables

Last night we went to the understudy rehearsal of Les Miserables because Ben played Javert. I didn't know if we'd go because it's hard to find a babysitter on a school night, especially when I knew we wouldn't get home until 11:00. But I found someone at the last minute - a senior who said she stays up 'till midnight every night anyway. Dave had never seen Les Mis, and it's been years since that time I saw it at the National Theater with Jen. The music is just amazing! My family listened to the Broadway tapes so many times growing up that I knew all the words without realizing I knew all the words. Except for the 2 songs we always fast-forwarded. Ben's voice was so deep and strong. We all commented afterwards that this was one of the first times we've seen Ben act and not look anything like himself. It was a very serious, dramatic role, and he did a great job with it. I only wished they would have worn more costumes last night. Most the smaller parts were just wearing leggings and big t-shirts. I know, it was just a rehearsal. But still. We all want to go back and see it with the regular actors now. And I want to see more costumes. Anyone want to come with us?

No comments: