Sunday, May 3, 2009

All my favorite things, rolled up into 1 day

Saturday was pretty much the perfect day. First the boys all slept in 'till after 8:00, which is like some kind of miracle. The thing is they were all up past 10:00 Friday night because we went to the seminary scripture bowl, which Dave was in charge of. He's been busily writing questions and getting the power point presentation all ready for the past month or so. We begged the boys to sleep in, bribing them with sugar in various forms. After breakfast (Dave made coffee cake) I drove by myself down to the best camera store ever. This is one of my favorite things to do - drive by myself, listening to music and not talking to anyone. And the guy at the camera store was incredibly helpful. I drooled over the Nikon D90, which is what I eventually want to buy. But it was even bigger/heavier/bulkier than I had imagined, and I can't see myself toting that everywhere. So I decided on a small point and shoot, which I later bought online. I know, totally rude of me to take up the guy's time and not even buy from there, but there was a huge price difference with this particular camera, since I had already done my research and knew I could get it from Amazon for $70 less with free shipping. However when it's time to buy my Nikon, I will definitely buy it from there. Then I walked around downtown, and it was a gorgeous morning. I almost got a parking ticket but ran to my car just as the meter maid was pulling over. Shwew! Then I drove to the relief society humanitarian day and attended the canning and cleaning classes. Then I went home, ordered my camera and got ready for our date. While I was gone, Dave was running all over with the boys - picking up our food storage order, hiking in the riverbed, going out for lunch, buying a b-day gift, taking Tyler to the b-day party and playing at the park with the other boys. We picked up enchiladas for dinner, which was a fundraiser for the young women at church. Then we dropped the kids off with my mom and went to see Les Miserables again. Oh, it was so good. I still cried at all the death scenes, absolutely loved Eponine (she's my favorite character - On My Own is the best song of all time), and thought the costumes made a humongous difference. We both agreed that Ben did a better job than the main Javert, since he showed so much more emotion/anger. And that's not just because he's my brother. We got home around 11:30 and crashed. What a day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow sounds like a busy crazy day. Hope you had fun though.