Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter, part 1

It's a busy weekend, so I'll post our Easter in 2 parts. Last night I performed in the He Is Risen concert at church. We've been practicing every Sunday night for the past few months, and I thought it came together nicely. I especially liked the orchestra that accompanied us. Dave and Spencer came, as well as my mom, Kristen and Nathan. Afterwards we ate at Chili's and ran into other choir members and their families.

This morning was a primary activity at church, and this afternoon Dave prepped our garden and we dyed eggs. Well I didn't color any - I just took pictures. It really is my favorite way to enjoy these activities. And I was happy we did it during the day for good lighting.

I love this picture! My handsome boys.
Between digging in the garden and dying eggs, everyone's hands were filthy. Some things even I can't photoshop out.

Dallin dropped his egg and cracked it right before this, but he managed to get happy for the picture. He especially liked using the egg wrappers this year.

After we dyed eggs I made sugar cookies for Dave to take to a hometeaching family. The kids insisted on leaving some out for the Easter Bunny tonight. I've never talked up the Easter Bunny, but they are firm believers anyway. Except Spencer, who even helped us pick out candy after Chili's last night.

No comments: